Tuesday, December 15, 2009

4am Trips to 7-11...

Thursday started like any other day. HMB and I went to the gym, he played, I sweated. We ran some errands and had a good day. That night, the Steelers were playing so we ordered some calzones from one our favorite places, YUM! I went to sleep at about 10:30pm...then woke up at 12:44am with horrible stomach pains and an unhappy baby. HMB was up and awake and stayed awake for at least an hour, then the real fun started. I threw up violently and proceeded to about once an hour for the rest of the night. There was nothing left in me, when would this stop?? Through it all, HMB was not sleeping, but screaming like I have never heard before! Do I call my mom, do I call the doctor, do I go to the ER - for me, for HMB? All of these questions going through my head, we both fell into a fitful sleep. Thankfully, at about 4am, my husband walked over to our strategically placed 7-11 next door for ginger ale and gatorade (neither of which I would be able to hold down for a few hours). As I sat on the bathroom floor, puke in my hair, not caring if my hands hit the toilet water, I thought: It must have been the calzone! Although my husband wasn't sick, we had different toppings - him meat, me veggies. E. coli maybe??
At about 6am we woke up, puked one more time and then, calm. My abs were sore, my throat was on fire, but I didn't feel like I was going to vomit. HMB, having not really slept at all either, napped from about 7am-10am, I napped with him for an hour. My husband went off the work, with a furrowed brow and his own bags under his eyes. I canceled the daycare reservation at the gym and didn't even have second thoughts (and you know I must have felt bad if I did that). HMB and I went to the store and got some Cup O Noodles, the best sickness food. And we relaxed as best as we could all day. My stomach would not be the same until Tuesday morning (as I write this). Saldy, my husband caught the bug (not food related as we thought) on Saturday and is still not feeling right. Of the 5 parties we had over the weekend, we managed to make it to 2 of them!! We wouldn't have been any fun anyway!!

No comments:

Post a Comment