Tuesday, December 22, 2009

11 months old!

My, how time flies! I cannot believe that about 11 months ago, my mom was here and we were trying everything to get HMB to come out! First was the hot sauce - my mom bought a bottle and I ate it on everything! Then the castor oil, which I had a breakdown after I took because I thought I might hurt HMB, but that didn't work either! I was already walking an hour a day so I didn't think walking would coax him out. HMB had his own plan! I was induced at about noon on the 21st, but didn't make much progress. My water was broken at about 5pm, epidural at about 7pm, no pushing until TEN hours later!! And after 2 and a half hours of cursing, ice chips, and pain, a little boy was born! 7am on the 22nd.
Because I was in labor for so long and had a fever, HMB was wisked to the NICU and given an IV flush of antibiotics to make sure he didn't have an infection. He didn't and 2 days later, we were on our way home. Sadly, because HMB took so long to get here, my mom had to leave the day after we came home. She cooked up a storm that day though, leaving us with mac n cheese, soup, and other tasty treats. Thanks, mom!! Then, the real fun began!
HMB - you are so cute! You have a giant head and I love it! You smile and dance whenever you hear music! You day mama and make lots of noises. You might even walk soon! Happy 11 month birthday HMB! I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment