Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I don't know if I have a cohesive post, but I need to get one up seeing that it has been a little while and I am TRYING to be consistent with this! SO, here goes with some random thoughts and happenings!

- HMB is saying words like crazy! He will repeat most easy words if you say it a couple times. Well, he TRIES to say the words. Some come out pretty well (bird=brr and tree=trr). Some not so well - we see airplanes every day and he points and says something that sounds nothing like airplane.

- HMB and sleep is still not going that well. Some nights he is great and sleeps in his crib for a few hours, some nights he doesn't even seem to want to do that. The good thing is, it's A LOT better than where we were a year, even 6 months ago so at least we have that going for us.

- I just scheduled my total thyroidectomy for May 26, ahhhh! But I think this is the best option for me right now. I am hoping that my mom will be able to come out for it, which would be nice! So many people have been so supportive and I am very grateful for my friends and family!

- I am supposed to run a half marathon this Sunday and I actually DO think it's the best way to spend a Mother's Day morning, no lie! However, I am not ready for a 13.1 mile run, maybe a 10 miler, definitely a 10k. So we'll see what happens...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the half marathon! And good luck with the surgery, too. I have a friend who is on Synthroid and will be for the rest of her life - it doesn't get in the way too much, and she only has to get blood drawn to see if her meds need to be adjusted every couple of months. Hopefully this will be the best solution for you.

    Oh, and one more "Good luck" - good luck getting HMB to sleep a little better. It will happen, some day!

    ReplyDelete