Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Thoughts Before Surgery

Tomorrow is the big day for me! I head to the hospital at 6am to get my thyroid removed. It was a tough decision, one we debated for a long time, even after the date was set. But I am tired of riding the Graves' roller coaster so I am going to get off! And hope that I get myself HEALTHY soon.

This is my first surgery, I have preparing myself for awhile. I did all the appropriate pre-op stuff - bloodwork, chest x-ray, EKG. I am packed up, clothes, magazines, etc (even though I will likely be too groggy to read much). I cannot eat after midnight and I am contemplating eating until 11:59pm (OK not really but I did think about it). I have stocked up on soft, gluten/meat free foods (yogurt, applesauce, bananas, rice). And I did have spinach and corn enchiladas for dinner, YUM!

My mother-in-law is coming since my mom wasn't able to make it out from CO. Of course I am worried about HMB and his night away from me! Oh wait, really I am just worried about MY night away from HMB! People, I have only ever been away from HMB when I was in the hospital! I really need to think of other way to get a break!

I thought about making a list of things HMB might need but realized that my husband is capable and I would only be gone for one night and completely accessible in person and by phone! Wish me luck, mostly on managing being away from the family...and with the surgery :)

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you, hope all is going well with the surgery!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sending up good thoughts for you!!

    ReplyDelete