Friday, May 21, 2010

Should I be concerned?

HMB seems to be making both developmental and physical milestones at the appropriate times. He walked just before his 1st birthday, he started saying words soon after, he goes through growth spurts and moved to cow's milk at a year as well. But there is one thing...he hasn't gotten a new tooth in about 5 months! He got his bottom two on schedule, soon after came the top two, then the top side. And that's where it stopped. He has 6 teeth and he will be 16 months tomorrow. So I ask, should I be concerned? So far what I have heard and read all lead me to believe that NO, I should not be concerned. But people, we are talking about my baby! Sometimes no matter what you hear, you still worry!

There is one good thing about not getting any teeth - no painful teething! I have been hearing horror stories about kids HMB's age getting their molars (molars?!? I would take the bottom side teeth at this point). So I am happy that nothing ELSE interupts his sleep right now.

A sick babe update: I got a call from the pediatrician last night at 6:45pm (the actual pediatrician, not just her office!!). She said that HMB's allergy tests came back negative, which is great, although he could still have asthma. We are still on the nebulizer about once per day and he still is not a fan.

I also found out that HMB's thyroid levels are all normal. No, we didn't have this done to see if he also has a thyroid condition. We did it because, at the previously mentioned 16 months old, HMB is still nursing about 2 times per day (usually before naptime and bedtime). I know, I know! But I am starting iodine drops from now until my thyroid surgery and I CANNOT BF while taking those. So, once again, HMB will be weaned and NOT like it one bit! He needs to be cut off at some point and I think we actually needed a reason to stop...

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about the teeth - Ned and Penny's molars and eye teeth/canines just came in and they are 21 months old. OMG, eye teeth are the WORST! Ned was a disaster for 2+ weeks. It will be sad when you are done with BFing but he'll be fine. Ned really didn't notice when I stopped but he was only 5 months old at the time. It's like the bottles - harder for the moms to give up than the kids.

    ReplyDelete