Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Amazing Things!

The miracle of life is obviously just that - a miracle! It's just amazing what happens from a group of cells (hello cellular BIO). And once a baby is born, it is just incredible the growth, both physically and developmentally, that incurs! HMB has been making strides with words lately. Every day he seems to pick up another word, so I thought I would share. And by "talk" I mean, HMB attempts to say a word and clearly knows what the word means. He started with ball, as we all know (in addition to mama and da). Then came dog, and I lose track of the sequence?! But we are now up to: bag, night night, nap, AND the most incredible ones - balloon and banana. Really? So he might not pronounciate like an English major but the kid is DEFINITELY saying balloon and banana. I might have to catch it on video and post it up here for the masses: my 9 readers :) Once a week, I meet up with my friend and biz partner to work. She SWEARS HMB has said some other words and that he can count to three. We are still working on the counting thing, he definitely repeats something after you say ONE, TWO, THREE. But so far it doesn't always sound like ONE, TWO, THREE. We did pretty clearly hear him say "Yeah" yesterday but I haven't heard it again so might have been a fluke...but who knows!?

I am allowed to brag once in a while, right? Especially since HMB's sleep is, and always has been, less than stellar. Physically, I think he is still a little string bean with some baby leg chub left over, but the kid doesn't stop moving long enough to eat! And he is a climber, on pretty much anything and everything, including rock walls at the park. Yes, it's true! I need to get him signed up for something so we can start training for whatever sport will make him wealthy enough to buy his parents a vacation home in Maui! Just kidding....

2 comments:

  1. That is great! Ned just learned to say "nana" for banana so HMB is strides ahead! I am thankful for Ned's good sleep though. :)

    ReplyDelete