Friday, May 7, 2010

Some of HMB's Favorite Things

HMB is such a funny kid, although I'm betting a lot of kids are pretty funny! He is still very social. I have my blood drawn to check my thyroid levels every two weeks and he has made very good friends with the women who work at the doc's office. I don't even remember how it started out, but now when we go, the woman who draws my blood goes and gets a nurse and she comes in and holds HMB while I get my blood drawn. He smiles and plays coy for them and nods at appropriate times when they ask him questions like "You are so cute, aren't you?". Nod. Smile. It's pretty hilarious. And they assure me that they aren't like this with every kid who comes in the office (yes I am bragging).

HMB also loves waving to random people. In the parkoing garage at the gym yesterday, he waved at a harried looking woman walking past. She spotted him, smiled and said "You just made my day!" I was very proud of him!!

HMB is also getting really into books but he still has such a short attention span. He brings me a book, usually this bedtime book he calls night, night or the farm animal sounds. But by the time I get to the second page, he brings yet another book.

Some things he is obsessed with: finding a way to get into the coffee, playing with my husband's old phone that plays "Baby Got Back" and Soulja Boy, balloons, trying to pull down our standing lamp, eating beans of any type, and balloons (did I mention that already??). What he is NOT really obsessed with: eating vegetables (besides asparagus), sleeping through the night, and tv (thank goodness).

So that's a little of what is going on with HMB right now. 15 and a half months old, I have no idea what he weighs or how tall he is. I do know he still has a big head!

1 comment:

  1. He sounds like a wonderful kid. Penny also liked to wave at random strangers and still does it. At one point I was a little worried someone was going to steal her away! Ned used to sit for long periods of time (15 mins?) with books turning pages but now that he's running around he doesn't do it so often.

    ReplyDelete