Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Its my second Mother's Day, I'm not sure of the tradition I started - a half marathon? But lovely readers, I did finish! I refuse to reveal my pace, but I crossed the finish line and I was not last (and I did run the whole thing...slowly). At the end we received a flower (and a medal, which I gave to HMB because he loves medals).

Side note: Not sure how many of you enjoy participating in races, but generally after the race, there are tents and tables filled with bagels, water, cookies, bananas, oranges, trial sized power bars, etc. This race was slightly ghetto because at the end, there were three tables with Power*Ade, bagels, packaged pb and cheese crackers, and water. It's a fairly small race so I understand. I might also be a race snob? OR, I might just have finished so late they packed up all the good stuff and moved out, in preparation to re-open the street. Yep, that's probably it! Oh well!

After the race, we stopped at Whole Foods (it was packed with people buying M-Day flowers) and got some treats, although I realize that treats to me aren't necessarily treats to other people. My treats include: gluten free ginger snaps, tortilla chips, a Think Thin bar, kombucha (it's sort of a carbonated, cold tea drink), and French Vanilla Soy Creamer. Odd combination I guess, but all very tasty!

So I am enjoying my coffee with my delicious creamer, while HMB and my husband nap. I might even take a shower WITHOUT an HMB in the tub with me (which happens often because even if he doesn't need a bath, he always wants to climb into the tub when I am showering).

I will spend the rest of the day getting a massage and pedicure, then shopping and dinner with my husband at a gluten free restaurant. Ha, ha IN MY DREAMS!!! We have two softball games this afternoon then we will ALL be eating (a delicous salad) at the sports bar that sponsors our team! And that really is fine by me!

Happy Mother's Day to all you new moms, veteran moms, and moms of the future!!

1 comment: