Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sleep and Other (Fun) Things

Although our sleep issues continue, HMB has been MUCH better about going down in his crib...initially! And even if I get him, as I did last night after waking up in a frenzied terror thinking that he was falling out of the crib (he wasn't, of course), he will go back into his crib, usually without too much fuss and go back to sleep. Until he wakes up at 2:30am like he did last night. And I think my husband got him, but honestly I am not sure!? Do we really have to resort to handcuffing me to the bed so I am physically unable to go get him?

In other news, we love the warm weather! I have been taking HMB to the park in the afternoon at least three days a week and he LOVES it. Although we don't have a backyard (or front yard or side yard for that matter) we do have a plethora of parks within walking distance and many more within driving distance (in addition to the National Mall about 3 miles away)! HMB pretty much loves anything park-related - slides, sandboxes, toys (they have TOYS at the park and no one steals them!!!!), other kids, and of course, BALLS! We usually bring a ball to the park but HMB manages to find dirty tennis balls that he would rather play with. At two of our parks, there's a basketball court nearby and what HMB really loves to do is chase the big kids (or teenagers or adults) around and scream BAH, BAH, BAH! What I like to think he is really saying is: "I know you are bigger than me but give me the ball and no one will get hurt". I think we are in need of a basketball, among some other things I have on my list (gate for the kitchen so HMB stops opening the over door and climbing on it).

So despite our continued sleep issues, HMB is such a great 14 month old! He is so smiley and waves and blows kisses when he says good-bye! Oh, and I almost forgot! He says dog now! Well, he says DAH, whenever he sees a dog. We were slightly confused as to why he says dog, since we don't have a dog and although my mom does and my husband's dad does, he doesn't see them regularly. But what do we do regularly? Read Go, Dog, Go! And he loves it! So he learned dog from a book, damn kid, you are smart!

2 comments:

  1. I have told you that bad sleeping is a sign of a very intellegent baby, right? Not sure if it is one of those "rain on your wedding day being good luck" type things but it seems to be true for the most troublesome sleeper kid I know (her mom even consulted Dr. Ferber!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, as usual, for your support, mommyesq! it would definitely be nice if, after all these sleep issues, jake decided to cure cancer :)

    ReplyDelete