Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Good Weekend With the Grandparents

As I think I have said in previous posts, my husband's parents live about 4 hours away in PA. We make the trip a few times a year and it's not too bad. My husband's mom tries to come down at least once per month. She has helped us out a lot - painting, cleaning windows, and watching HMB when I need to work. This time, we went up to help her so some Spring cleaning, as well as celebrate my husband's dad's birthday on Sunday. We headed out on Friday and I was so happy because although HMB generally just takes one nap per day, he had had a very early nap that morning and was bound to take another nap in the afternoon. And he did, a short little nap on the way to meet my husband. Dang. So he was up the entire 4 hour trip! And when we got there and met up for dinner, he was running around the restaurant like a crazy man!!

Saturday, we took HMB over to his grandpa's house so they could watch him while we cleaned. Grandpa and Carol B. played and played with HMB, took him for a walk, fed him lunch, theywere worn out but HMB didn't seem to want to nap. Finally, I went and got him and he finally crashed...for three hours!

Sunday was the big party and we headed over for a barbecue. Although I am meat and gluten free right now, there was plenty for me to eat by way of vegetable, cheese, and fruit! After all the veggies and fruit, I figured I could treat myself to some ice cream! HMB had a great time showing off for all of his great-aunts and other family. They loved that he made a car sounds when he rolled the toy car around and actually knew how to use to play blood pressure cuff (hmm, maybe it's because he comes with me to the doctor every two weeks).

All in all, it was a great weekend, with HMB sleeping about an hour on the way home and doing all right the rest of the way. So maybe more four hour trips to PA will be in our future!

1 comment: