Sunday, March 28, 2010

It WILL get easier!

Ok, so we have gotten to the point again where HMB goes down in his crib at bedtime without hysterics. I know, I know, sometimes he is passed out when I put him down, but he used to wake up no matter HOW passed out or tired he was. He even sleep for a good 3-4 hours before his first wake-up. And it's this wake-up when HMB realizes he is in bed, alone, in the dark...and cries! Last night, I was about to go to bed when he had said wake-up. But I didn't give in and you know what, I might have even drifted off before HMB went back to sleep. He woke up at least once, maybe twice, and each time I did not get him. My husband claims at one point he had to practically jump on me to keep me from getting up, but hey, whatever it takes, right?? We finally did get him at about 4:30am and you know what, I would TAKE sleeping from 7pm-4:30am if it meant sleeping in his crib the whole time! We can work on the last couple hours later!! Although this time, HMB did go back to sleep next to me until 7am. I'm hoping this is progress for us all and HMB will continue to get back to sleep on his own...and I will continue to resist the urge to scoop him up and get him back to sleep!

1 comment:

  1. I'm laughing at your husband sitting on top of you - but whatever it takes! My only word of caution is that Jake can't tell time so he may not understand why 4:30 is the time you are willing to get him. Instead, set this light to go on "day" at 6:00 am or 6:30 and tell him that you won't be coming in until then. I know he is young but kids are smart - and with repetition he will get it (come in and make a big deal about the light at the time it goes off - you have to make sure you are up before it is for the first week or so).

    http://www.goodnitelite.com/index.php?page=product

    ReplyDelete