Monday, March 8, 2010



I will assume I have loyal followers, and to all of you, I apologize for not posting in a LOOONG time! I ended up spending two awesome weeks visiting my family, most of which we didn't even leave Ft Collins proper!

First let me tell you that grandma of HMB has a boyfriend who loves to cook! It was like a Food Network show every night of the week! We had veggie fajitas with chile rellenos, lasagna with spinach and artichoke hearts and amazing fresh mozzarella...Needless to say, I was well fed. Thank goodness for the elliptical maching my mom recently bought and daily walks (sometimes in the snow). I hung out with my brothers, even going out to a college bar! Good times! HMB had a great time as well, except when he was SICK! Yep, HMB got sick a few days into the trip and he was MISERABLE! Cough, runny nose, fever, not sleeping, not sleeping, not going to anyone else but me! It was pretty bad!! We finally took him to the urgent care and he didn't have another ear infection, but he did have a crazy virus that all the kids were getting. I decided to stay a couple extra days, for two reasons: one being, I did not want to take even a remotely sick baby on a three hour flight by myself, and two, grandma of HMB had not been able to spend much quality time with a healthy HMB. So we stayed and HMB was happy and eating again, sleeping again, and playing with his grandma and uncles.

Finally it really was time to head home, we had a 7:30am flight and I was hoping HMB would pass out soon after take-off. But the nap he got on the way to the airport was fabulous and HMB was ready to PLAY! Fortunately, the flight wasn't full at all and HMB ran around the back of the plane, climbing on the seats and flirting with the flight attendants. He is so damn social, he started climbing on a stranger's leg! Good thing the stranger was a very nice grandpa who had just visiting his own grandchildren.

We were sad to leave grandma and all our other family, but it was nice to see my husband and get back into the groove of things here. Hopefully grandma of HMB will come visit us soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment