Sunday, November 29, 2009

Good sleep, good food, good time

This Thanksgiving, we headed up to my husband's hometown in Central PA. I took my husband to work that day since he works about 30 minutes into the 4 hour drive. So when I picked him up in the afternoon, we were a half an hour closer to our destination. I had gone to the gym earlier in the morning and when we got home, HMB passed out for a great nap. Great that he napped, but we were really hoping he would nap as we drove. Fortunately, HMB was in a great mood so I sat in back with him and he played happily for about 2 hours. Then he passed out and slept until we were about 15 minutes away, YES!!
At my husband's dad's house, there are two extra bedrooms with two wonderful beds. So for the 3 nights we were there, HMB and I slept in one bed and my husband in the other and it was blissful! We all got some good sleep!! And we happily ate the two Thanksgiving dinners that come with having divorced parents. We had Thanksgiving dinner as our wedding meal so we were more than happy to eat more turkey and stuffing.
We left PA a little while before HMB was set to take hi second nap and he did not disappoint. After an hour or so of playing, he passed out for an hour and a half. I spent the remaining hour and a half trying to keep him happy with anything I could find - my wallet, my hair, my iPod. But we made it home and a couple hours later, HMB fell asleep (in our bed because we forgot that after Thanksgiving we were going to try and get him in his crib, ha, ha, ha.....).

No comments:

Post a Comment