Sunday, November 22, 2009

Road Trip

Yesterday, HMB and I headed down to Richmond to attend a baby shower for a good friend of mine from college. I was a little nervous because HMB can be a little difficult to travel with, he is not a huge fan of the car seat although he has gotten better. We had a football game so right after I headed home with HMB in tow to change and get ready for the party. On the ride home, I tried everything I could to keep HMB awake - rolled the wondow down, turned the music up and sang at the top of m lungs. Of course he passed out despite my best efforts. And he slept and slept...the entire time I got ready (including taking a shower and drying my hair). He slept as I put him back in the car, until about 10 minutes away from my friend's house. And when he did wake up, he happily played as I navigated through Richmond. HMB, why did I doubt you?
While at the shower, HMB got tons of attention from the ladies and he basked in it, of course, smiling and flirting. One of greatest things that HMB does right now is dance. I sing Beyonce to him and he skakes his head and wiggles his booty. He smiles and laughs! It's freaking hysterical! He danced up a storm for the ladies at the shower.
We stayed the night and hung out until I thought HMB would take his first (and possibly only nap of the day since he woke up at 8:45am). And before I even got on the highway, he passed out! And slept until we were about 30 minutes from home. Thank you again, HMB, you are the best and I love you tons!!!

1 comment: