Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sick and Sleep

The title of this post is exactly what I feel like I post about! My poor HMB went from the stomach bug/flu to a bad cold. Monday and Tuesday, HMB seemed like he was on the road to recovery, he was eating well, drinking his milk, and overall being a happy HMB. Wednesday morning was all right but I noticed the runny nose. OK, could be the teething, since that damn molar still hasn't popped out yet (I suppose it's waiting for the other 3-5 to make an appearance!?). Then the cough started. It's all very familiar since HMB has this very same chest cold just about every 4 months.

With the cough comes even more sleep issues than usual. HMB had been going down in his crib with little trouble (minus the days of the stomach issues). But with a cough, forget about it. I know how I feel when I cough so much that my throat hurts and my eyes water, I can't imagine how tough it is for a toddler who doesn't really understand what's going on!

I called the doctor just in case, since HMB has a history of pneumonia and may or may not have asthma. Of course the nebulizer we bought when he did have pneumonia isn't working! I finally called the manufacturer about it and they were very nice. They suggested a couple things then told me I could bring it back to where I bought it and figure out if I needed it fixed or exchanged. I brought it today and it seemed to be faulty tubing. I also realized I have been putting the medication in the wrong way this whole time and I think I busted the filter! Ah, this poor kid just needs a breathing treatment! Hopefully tomorrow I will get it all figured out. They also suggested warm apple juice (HMB refuses, he doesn't like juice, go figure) and nasal spray.

Anyway, hopefully it will pass soon. I will say that HMB took THREE naps today! We woke up at 6am, he napped in the stroller while I jogged at 9:30am, another nap at 12pm and one more (very short) nap at 3pm! The kid MUST not be feeling well for him to nap three times in a day!! Here's also hoping that I have a more upbeat post in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment