Thursday, July 15, 2010

HMB and the City

HMB and I are taking another road trip, this time to NYC! I am a little nervous about HMB and the car ride, since Chris is not coming with us so there will be no one to sit in the back and keep HMB entertained!

We are heading up to visit two good friends of mine from college, one of whom LIVES in the city and another who is driving down from Massachusetts (or I think she actually lives in RI). Anyway, after college, they both moved to NYC and we have had many, many good times in that crazy city.

As we exchanged e-mails discussing the trip, I started to think about how different it would be with a toddler. We weren't exactly clubbing it up back in the day, but our visits usually involved margaritas, wine, 3am subway rides, and an assortment of random encounters with strange people. I can imagine this visit will be a little different...but GOOD different! I e-mailed my friend and said, "I think it might be weird because I have a BABY!". And she said we are all different now and it might be weird but it will still be fun. And of course she is right!

I read another blog post recently of a friend from high school and she talked about how good friends can live far away from you and you might not talk to them very often, but when you DO see them or talk to them, it's like no time passed at all! I am fortunate that although some of my friends live far away (MA/RI, NYC, CA, and now the UK) I feel this way about them all! I can pick up the phone, send an e-mail, or pick them up from the airport and we can pick up where we left off!

I am also very lucky to have good friends who DO live close by, thank goodness! That doesn't mean I can't try and convince the ones who live far away to all move here! Maybe not in the 100 degree humidity that is the DC summer...Ha, ha!

Anyway, I hope to have fun and exciting stories to post after the weekend all about HMB and the City, to include some good food and probably some margaritas and wine even WITH an HMB!

No comments:

Post a Comment