Friday, June 4, 2010

Some updates

I just thought I would give you all some updates, especially since it's been awhile since I posted anything - sorry! First, my recovery is going very well. I have seen both my endocrinologist and surgeon and everything seems to be healing nicely. I started my synthroid and I am HOPING that it all goes well with the dosage.

The surgeon was very nice and gave me the go ahead to strength train as I see fit. Since my throat does feel a little tight, I see fit to wait another day! I have been running (slowly, as usual) and even played softball last night and felt pretty good. I did find out that my thyroid was very enlarged and very obviously had been hyper. So I guess it's a good thing it was removed?!

On to my next update: HMB and sleeping. I haven't wanted to post about this, just thinking about posting it makes me nervous that I will junx it and we will be back to square one. BUT...HMB has been sleepig in his crib all night! Not always THROUGH the night, as he has been waking up once at about 2:30am, but he goes back into his crib after a little rocking and sleeps until about 6:30am. A couple of things I think are helping: we FINALLY have a routine and no more BF at night (or during the day).

Really, why didn't we, COULDN'T we have a bedtime routine until now? I'm not sure why, but we do now and it's very helpful. HMB gets a bath, gets into his jammies, he has his milk, we brush teeth, read a book and to sleep he goes! Even with softball, we came home (late), he still went into the bathtub to start off the routine. The no BF has helped because when he does wake up at night, HMB doesn't NEED to BF to get back to sleep!

It has been a week, so not that long, but maybe long enough for HMB to get into his routine (I hope). I wanted to wait a week to post, because of superstitous reason, which I hoep is just ridiculous, but I will let you all know :) Props to HMB, we KNEW you could do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment