Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sleeping baby...sick baby!


We were doing so well!! HMB was going into his crib at night and sleeping until at least 1am, sometimes 3am, 4am, once even until 6am! It was amazing and I was enjoying going to bed in my own bed at night without a 23+ pound chubster next to me. Then he got sick...Runny runny nose, cough like a baby should not have, watery eyes. Poor kid! The first night was rough, he did go to sleep in his crib but woke up soon after, not able to go back to sleep. I have a hard enough time letting him cry it out let alone whenhe is hacking away. The next few nights were tougher, HMB would wake himself up coughing then he wasn't able to stop coughing. I broke down and got the futon bed out and slept with HMB two nights in a row. Last night, I had a meeting and my husband put HMB to bed - and by bed I mean HMB fell asleep on his chest and ended up on our bed. I am hoping he is getting better and on the upswing. I called the doctor and they said to give him a little Benadryl to dry him out. I gave him some this morning and he has been napping for 2 and a half hours. HMB's got a big weekend of partying coming up so I hope he gets better for that, and he starts sleeping in his own bed again for my sake!

No comments:

Post a Comment